TAP (formerly known as The ARTS Project) is at the centre of creativity in London Ontario, supporting emerging theatre, visual and performing artists. Our doors are open for artists and the public to overlap, participate and experience how creativity can transform and enrich us and our community.
We're looking for a Communications & Programming Assistant to collaborate with TAP's staff team in the preparation and promotion of upcoming initiatives to support artists in our city.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Initiating the planning for our CRAFTED 2018 exhibition and sale; this includes developing a content calendar as well as coordinating the call for submissions and connecting with local artists to let them know about this opportunity to showcase their work.
- Assisting with the execution of the LDN Convergence -a two-week multi-arts residency, occurring July 2018. This includes working with the staff to help create engaging social media content and set-up for the workshops and events during the residency.
- Preparing communication materials for upcoming art installations, performances, and events to accelerate the planning of our programming and grow TAP’s audience. Materials could include posters or handbills, website listings, social media posts and graphics, etc.
- Assisting the Communications Specialist in writing and distributing content to promote users of our space and their events, while increasing awareness of our organization and its role in London’s arts scene.
- Strategically archiving photos and other content to help continue telling TAP’s story and prepare for future marketing and development campaigns.
- Handling general inquiries and daily traffic to maintain a positive, inclusive environment for our patrons and users of the space.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a post-secondary program for Business Administration, Graphic Design, English, Arts or Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Communications, Visual Art, Theatre, or another related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Wordpress and/or Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop) is an asset
- Social media savvy
- Strong time management skills
- A good awareness of and interest in London’s arts and culture scene
- Student must be enrolled in a post-secondary institution as a full-time student in the 2017/2018 academic year and will be returning to school for the 2018/2019 academic year.
About TAP Centre for Creativity
Previously known as The ARTS Project, TAP is driven to support emerging artists in multiple disciplines through quality facilities and programming. With a gallery, black-box theatre, multi-use workshop space, and 10 resident artist studios all under one roof, our doors are open for artists and the the public to overlap, participate, and experience how creativity can transform us and our community.
Please note: This role is for 8 weeks, 30 hours per week. Start date is June 6, 2018.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter (indicating where you found out about this opportunity) to Emma Joy at email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Friday May 25, 2018. Please write “Communications & Programming Assistant” in the Subject Line.
TAP Centre for Creativity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring barrier-free employment practices and creating an inclusive workplace environment. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.