Position Title: Executive Director
Background: Jesse's Journey is a partnership of science and families dedicated to discovery of treatments and a cure for Duchenne muscular dystrophy - because parents should not outlive their children. Founded in 1995 in London, Ontario, Jesse's Journey has become internationally recognized for our dedication to funding Duchenne research. Over the course of almost 25 years, we have granted more than $10M to world-renowned research and play an active part of the Canadian neuromuscular disease community.
Position Description: The Executive Director is responsible for the general administration, program development and successful leadership and management of the organization, according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors, as well as the day-to-day operations in an established charitable organization.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, researchers, donors, volunteers and other stakeholders
- Provide a hands-on, collaborative approach to leadership, directing staff through effective objective setting, accountability, delegation and communication
- Act as the spokesperson for the organization
- Direct, oversee, and execute short and long term strategic plans
- Ensure compliance to standards in accordance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to the organization's role as an employer and charitable organization
- Ensure the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting
- Ensure the preparation of the annual budget for Board approval
- Post-secondary education in business administration, sales or marketing
- Significant experience of 10 or more years, and demonstrated success in a management position, leading and growing a non-profit organization
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel)
- Experience and success in fundraising would be an asset
- Working knowledge in donor/customer relationship management software (Raiser's Edge or similar) would be an asset
To apply, please send cover letter and resume no later than midnight Friday, June 29th, 2018 to:
John Davidson, Chairman of the Board email@example.com
Jesse’s Journey will notify candidates who have been chosen to advance to the interview process, no later than Friday, July 13th, 2018.