Big Brothers Big Sisters of London & Area (BBBSOLA) is a not-for-profit, donor supported organization funded by our community's generous donors, as well as by United Way Elgin Middlesex. BBBSOLA enriches lives by providing quality mentoring relationships to young people in need, helping them reach their potential. We value individual capabilities and know that every young person needs, and deserves, a role model. BBBSOLA offers a variety of programs to support children and youth in London and Middlesex County.
Reporting to the Development Supervisor, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and managing the public relations, marketing and overall communications for Big Brothers Big Sisters of London and Area. They have responsibilities to ensure messages delivered to the public, donors, volunteers and families are coordinated in a manner than upholds our mission and vision. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will always demonstrate the organization’s core values and will adhere to all agency standards of service, and apply child safety and risk management and philanthropic knowledge throughout all aspects of their role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Media Relations and Promotions
- Craft and disseminate press releases to all local media for fundraising events and relevant agency news in addition to program related stories throughout the year to assist in the recruitment of volunteers and donors
- Create quarterly agency newsletters for donors, support Service Delivery Team in the creation of monthly newsletters for matches and bi-annual family newsletter.
- Create print materials to ensure branding and layout are professional and consistent in the messaging.
- Ensure all print materials reflect requirements outlined in funder agreements i.e. logo, links, etc.
- Order all promotional materials to ensure brand recognition.
- Be responsible for management of website, including ensure content management of website is up to date and reflects brand, change details when needed on website, add in new content to website, post newsletters online, be responsible for managing complaints/feedback received through online platform, take responsibility for management of online reference system support.
- Create and manage speakers bureau to be responsive to United Way and community requests
- Manage all social media accounts of Big Brothers Big Sisters of London and Area
- Support creation and execution of risk assessment plans
- Effective communication and excellent grammar, writing, editing skills
Organizational and Fund Development Promotion
- Work alongside the Development Team to foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization
- Develop, along with the Development Coordinator and Event Committees, a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
- Provide direction to Event Committees around the coordination of the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- Participate when required in the cultivation and solicitation of donations, gifts and prizes for each individual event/project
- Work with fundraising campaign and committee members as required
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Other duties as assigned by the Development Supervisor and/or Executive Director
This position is responsible for providing high-level customer service at all times to volunteers, clients, donors, etc.
- In collaboration with the Development Supervisor and Service Delivery Supervisors develop an Annual Volunteer Recruitment Plan consistent with the Strategic Plan
- Implement recruitment plan to recruit direct service volunteers required to meet agency demand
- Manage the agency’s community and recruitment initiatives including but not limited to displays, speakers, and promotional materials
- In collaboration with the Service Delivery Team and Supervisor, develop, plan and execute an annual recognition event for volunteers and donors respectively
EDUCATION & RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Education Level: Minimum - High
- University Degree and/or College Diploma
- Certificate or specific training in Marketing, Communications, and/or Public Relations
- 3-5 years of Marketing/PR experience
- Proven project management experience
- Proven social media experience
- Proficient in the use of computer programs for word processing, databases and spreadsheets
How to Apply:
Please apply with a cover letter, resume, and professional references via e-mail no later than Sunday, June 24th to:
Anne-Marie Rodger, Development Supervisor
Please apply with the subject line: Application for Marketing and Communications Coordinator