VON Middlesex-Elgin, Family Supports Program is proud to offer opportunities in our Special Services at Home and Passport Programs. Our Programs provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities and respite support to their families in London, Middlesex, Elgin and Oxford areas.
- Provide support to children with a developmental and/or physical disability and adults with a developmental disability
- Assist people to develop skills and independence
- Access various community activities
- Assist families and VON to develop and implement individual support plans
- Work on a part-time self-employed, independently contracted basis. Hours will vary depending on individual plans
- Experience providing support or care to individuals with a disability
- Education and training in related field is required
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes is required
- Patient, committed, reliable
- Ability to respect confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team providing support
- Availability to work evenings and weekends is preferred
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to VON at the contact information below. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please direct resumes to Program Lead- Sarah Howe at firstname.lastname@example.org