Youth Development Counsellor (21 hrs per week)
Youth Opportunities is seeking 1 part-time Youth Development Counsellor, who will focus on supporting trafficked youth with crisis intervention, service navigation and safety planning in partnership with other community service providers. Qualified candidates possess exceptional leadership and community development skills, effective youth engagement strategies and work well in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
- Mentoring youth with complex needs who have experienced being trafficked, who require coordinated supports not limited to: safety, health, housing, employment, education, etc.
- Delivering appropriate outreach, crisis intervention and harm reduction strategies for youth
- Working collaboratively with a team of youth counsellors within a multi-service youth centre
- Creating and maintaining detailed records and reporting through a case management model
- Ensuring all screening, intake, interventions, exits and follow-up procedures are maintained
- Providing YOU representation to relevant community networks, coalitions and events as required
- Working collaboratively with community partners and referring agencies
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a relevant discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in working with trafficked, street involved, at-risk, and transient youth
- Extensive knowledge of a continuum of local services supporting youth
- Previous experience in case management and service coordination
- Excellent communication – written and oral competencies
- Strong interpersonal abilities and proven youth engagement strategies
- Flexibility, creativity and initiative are essential
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Computer skills using Microsoft office and data management an asset
- Police check clearance and 3 satisfactory employment references
- Ability to work various shifts, flexible hours
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and ongoing access to a vehicle
- Ability to travel freely throughout London & Middlesex
- Proficiency in French language an asset
Please submit resume and cover letter by e-mail only to:
Jason Manseau, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm – November 27, 2020
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Youth Opportunities Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer that values the richness of a diverse environment. YOU is committed to providing an accessible workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11. Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process or as an employee during subsequent employment, they are invited to communicate and discuss their requirements with YOU contact noted above.