Pillar, and our Executive Director, Michelle Baldwin, have been making headlines advocating on behalf of the nonprofit sector, facilitating community connections in support of the COVID-19 response, and partnering with other local organizations to support innovative solutions to the pandemic. Read the articles below and check out a few key quotes for a deeper look into how Pillar is working to support our network and our community.
Nonprofit Sector Advocacy
- London Free Press - LFP LONGFORM: Amid virus crisis, hardships get harder and even helpers need help
- London Free Press - COVID-19: Federal aid for non-profits, charities welcome, but much more needed, advocate says
- London Free Press - COVID-19 crisis means financial trouble, creative opportunity for London non-profits, leaders say
- Future of Good - 11 ideas from non-profit CEOs on how the federal government's aid package can be better
Recovery and Rebuilding the Region Design Challenge
- London Free Press - Pearson: Non-profit sector needs investment to be part of post-pandemic planning, recovery
- London Free Press - Three organizations, one $20,000 question: How would you kickstart our COVID-19 recovery?
“Along with crisis comes creativity, and we are seeing countless acts of selflessness, resourcefulness and resilience in our community. The Design Challenges will inspire and amplify those efforts by sharing stories from across the region and providing resources to one innovation.” - Michelle Baldwin
- CTV London - $20K design challenge to help those impacted by COVID-19
- 1290 CJBK - Michelle Baldwin, Executive Director at Pillar Nonprofit Network and Christina Fox, CEO of Techalliance on the Recovery and Rebuilding the Region Design Challenge
- Betakit - Innovation challenges launched to help southwestern Ontario tech rebuild, recover from COVID-19
COVID-19 Local Community Response
- 1290 CJBK - Lori Da Silva, CEO & General Manager, RBC Place London and Glen Rearson from the London Food Bank : A collaboration between non-profits, charity and business to help feed London’s most vulnerable
- 980 CFPL - Food Bank, RBC Place, Y.O.U. partner up to provide bagged lunches to London’s vulnerable