Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
ACQUISITIONS COMMITTEE MEMBER
VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
London Health Sciences Foundation (LHSF) is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Acquisitions Committee Member to join the team that plans and executes Country Classic Auction.
The Acquisitions Committee consists of five volunteers, led by LHSF’s auction coordinator, with the goal to solicit and secure auction donations (items, gift cards, or certificates) valued from $20 to $5,000 to be auctioned off in November 2018.
ABOUT LONDON HEALTH SCIENCES FOUNDATION
London Health Sciences Foundation is focused on collaborating with our community and health care experts in pursuit of medical excellence at London Health Sciences Centre.
Our Mission: To inspire investment in excellence at London Health Sciences Centre
Our Vision: To meet the needs of London Health Sciences Centre by revolutionizing the response of our communities to health care philanthropy
Our Values: Trust – Respect – Focus – Collaboration – Accountability
ABOUT COUNTRY CLASSIC AUCTION
Country Classic Auction is one of two primary signature fundraising events for LHSF with a focus on raising funds in support of LHSC’s highest priority needs, including raising funds and awareness for the Mental Health program.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Fundraising experience preferred.
- Familiarity with event promotion.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel) with access to a computer.
- This position will require a highly organized individual, with excellent follow up skills as well as the ability to overcome objections and obstacles in the pursuit of success.
Functions/Duties: (not in priority order or percentage of time)
- Cultivate relationships with individual and/or corporate donors and community agencies.
- Solicit/request auction donations using the templates and information lists provided by LHSF.
- Research donation prospects as required.
- Maintain ongoing communication with donors regarding donations, confirming planned delivery or pick-up of auction items.
- Share and acknowledge in-kind and/or financial donations in a timely manner.
- Maintain up-to-date information and/or lists.
- Deliver to or arrange for auction items to be picked up by LHSF on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Pick-up confirmed donations, as required, if donations are from personal contacts.
- Working collaboratively with the auction coordinator to ensure that all donation procurement planning, execution, and follow-up is conducted in a timely basis.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the community, positively representing the Hospital and the Foundation.
- Abide by the volunteer policies and procedures of LHSF and LHSC.
- Abide by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and work in a manner that is safe, reporting incidents immediately to direct supervisor.
- Operates within culture and core values of LHSF.
- Flexible based on availability (to be discussed).
- Six-month commitment starting June 2018 until the event on November 3, 2018.
Relationship to Executive Committee:
- Minutes will be taken at meetings and copies will be available upon request.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your experience to Lori Watson at email@example.com.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
- Committee Member