Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
DÉCOR COMMITTEE MEMBER
VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
London Health Sciences Foundation (LHSF) is looking for a creative and organized Décor Committee Member who is resourceful and has an eye for detail. This position calls for a volunteer who collaborates well and is passionate about special events.
The Décor Committee is responsible for developing and executing the décor plan for Country Classic Auction 2018 and reports to the Manager of Signature Events.
ABOUT LONDON HEALTH SCIENCES FOUNDATION
London Health Sciences Foundation is focused on collaborating with our community and health care experts in pursuit of medical excellence at London Health Sciences Centre.
Our Mission: To inspire investment in excellence at London Health Sciences Centre
Our Vision: To meet the needs of London Health Sciences Centre by revolutionizing the response of our communities to health care philanthropy
Our Values: Trust – Respect – Focus – Collaboration – Accountability
ABOUT COUNTRY CLASSIC AUCTION
Country Classic Auction is one of two primary signature fundraising events for LHSF with a focus on raising funds in support of LHSC’s highest priority needs, including raising funds and awareness for the Mental Health program.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Creative and resourceful with the ability to be flexible.
- Able to lift 5 lbs.
- Event décor experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
Functions/Duties: (not in priority order or percentage of time)
- Meet with committee on a regular basis and share progress reports.
- Prepare décor plan for Country Classic Auction based on 2018 theme.
- Develop and adhere to décor timelines in relation to event timeline.
- Secure, organize and manage décor elements for event (limited storage space available).
- Draft a list of décor items that are required to be secured through vendors and collaborate with Signature Events team to secure them.
- Liaise with and assist with selection of vendors as required.
- Set-up and decorate select venue areas on Friday, November 2.
- Participate in event planning session/debrief as required.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the community, positively representing the Hospital and the Foundation.
- Abide by the volunteer policies and procedures of LHSF and LHSC.
- Abide by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and work in a manner that is safe, reporting incidents immediately to direct supervisor.
- Operates within culture and core values of LHSF.
- Six-month commitment starting June 2018 until the event (Saturday, November 3, 2018) with post-event debrief and follow up.
- Meetings will be held each month for 1-2 hours; dates to be confirmed upon securing availability.
- 2-3 hours a month until event.
- Event Week: Friday, November 2 (during the day).
- 2 year term.
Relationship to Executive Committee:
- Minutes will be taken at meetings and copies will be available upon request.
- Expenditures to stay within approved budget.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your experience to Chris Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
- Committee Member