Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
London Health Sciences Foundation (LHSF) is looking for a well-organized Volunteer Coordinator to lead the Country Classic Auction event volunteer experience for 2018. Volunteer Coordinators will work collaboratively to solicit, secure and screen volunteers, pair volunteer interests with available roles, and maintain ongoing communication with prospective volunteers and LHSF.
Volunteer Coordinators will work collaboratively with the Event Manager to lead volunteer orientation, draft communication timelines, and train activity leaders. Night-of the event, Volunteer Coordinators will support and supervise event volunteers to ensure positions are adequately filled and collect/prepare feedback regarding the overall volunteer experience.
ABOUT LONDON HEALTH SCIENCES FOUNDATION
London Health Sciences Foundation is focused on collaborating with our community and health care experts in pursuit of medical excellence at London Health Sciences Centre.
Our Mission: To inspire investment in excellence at London Health Sciences Centre
Our Vision: To meet the needs of London Health Sciences Centre by revolutionizing the response of our communities to health care philanthropy
Our Values: Trust – Respect – Focus – Collaboration – Accountability
ABOUT COUNTRY CLASSIC AUCTION
Country Classic Auction is one of two primary signature fundraising events for LHSF with a focus on raising funds in support of LHSC’s highest priority needs, including raising funds and awareness for the Mental Health program.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Volunteer experience required.
- Volunteer management, or similar experience, preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Flexible, outgoing personality with a positive attitude is essential.
- Comfortable public speaking.
- Experience with online volunteer management platforms preferred.
Functions/Duties: (not in priority order or percentage of time)
- Assist with the cultivation and recruitment of night-of and lead-up volunteers.
- Facilitate event volunteer communications through volunteer database.
- Develop night-of volunteer schedule that complements event schedule.
- Develop night-of volunteer roles and responsibilities in conjunction with LHSF.
- Schedule and lead event volunteer orientation and training in collaboration with event coordinators.
- Required to attend and lead volunteers at the event on Saturday, November 3.
- Participate in event logistics meetings and debrief as required.
- Make recommendations for improvement.
- Draft and execute event volunteer survey.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the community, positively representing the Hospital and the Foundation.
- Abide by the volunteer policies and procedures of LHSF and LHSC.
- Abide by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and work in a manner that is safe, reporting incidents immediately to direct supervisor.
- Operates within culture and core values of LHSF.
- Six month commitment starting June 2018 until the event (Saturday, November 3, 2018) with post-event debrief and follow up as needed.
- Meetings will be held each month for 1 hour; dates to be confirmed upon securing availability.
- 1-2 hours a month from June-September, with increased time commitment from September leading up to the event as needed.
- Required attendance:
- Orientation: To be scheduled.
- Event Week: Saturday, November 3 (afternoon until late evening).
- 2 year commitment.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your experience to Chris Graham at email@example.com
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
- Volunteer Management / Recruitment