November 12, 2020
Invitation to apply to
Glen Cairn Community Resource Centre Board of Directors
Greetings London Community,
Glen Cairn Community Resource Centre (GCCRC) is actively recruiting additional members to serve as Directors on the GCCRC Board.
Currently, we are looking to fill following positions:
- We are looking for the board members with the background or knowledge in law/paralegal, fundraising, and human resources.
Other applicants are encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to applicants with sought after qualification and/or applicants who live, work and play in southeast London.
Position Title: Member of the Board of Directors
Length of Term: Two years (three term limit)
- As a Director at the Board you will be legally and ethically responsible for all activities of the Glen Cairn Community Resource Centre. It will be your responsibility to ensure that the organization best serves the needs of our local client community, by providing governance to, and oversight of, the organization as a whole. To that end you will assist in:
- Determining how the organization will carry out its mission through long and short-range planning
- Adopting an annual budget and provide fiscal oversight
- Recruit, orient, and develop board members
- Hire and evaluate the performance of the executive director
- Evaluate its performance and overall performance of the organization in achieving the mission
- Establish policies for the effective management of the organization
- Understand and promote the organization’s mission
- Be familiar with the organization’s programs, policies, and operations
- Attend board meetings and appropriate committee meetings
- Actively serve on at least one committee and offer to take on special assignments
- Participate in fund raising activities and special events
- Strictly adhere to conflict of interest policies
- Strictly adhere to confidentiality policies
Time Demands (approximate):
- Attend and actively participate in at least 75% of board meetings (10 monthly board meetings, approximately 2 hours in length, on the 2nd Thursday of the month,
- Attend and actively participate in committee meetings and related work (1-3 hours per month as determined by the committee)
- Attend special events such as fundraisers and other events at the Centre
- Attend new board member orientation (approx. 3-4 hours)
Please submit your resume and covering letter to current Board Chair Nancy McSloy at firstname.lastname@example.org, deadline December 4th, 2020.