Report to:The Intergenerational Mentor will be a volunteer of Northwest London Resource Centre(NWLRC).
Commitment:Approximately 2 hours per week.
Duties: The role of the Intergenerational Mentor will be to serve as an energetic and enthusiastic resource and support to Refugee Claimant families during COVID from November 2020-March 2021.
Desired Qualifications & Characteristics
- Seniors 55+
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Resident of Northwest London
- Be self motivated with a positive attitude
- Display a willingness to learn about different cultures
- Knowing a second language is an asset
- Commit to being a volunteer until end of March 2021
Intergenerational volunteers have the opportunity to:
- Develop leadership skills
- Improve communication and personal skills
- Get involved in the community and engage in a valuable volunteering opportunity
- Benfit from a sense of fulfilment and personal growth
Please contact Margarita Guerrrero, Intergenerational Outreach Worker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-494-3478 for more information.