Report to:The Peer to Peer International Student Mentor will be a volunteer of Northwest London Resource Centre(NWLRC). The role of the mentor will be to serve as an energetic and enthusiastic resource and support to the Grade 12 student academically and socially from November 2020-March 2021.
Commitment:Approximately 2-3 hours per week including one on one sessions and group activities.
Duties: The Peer to Peer International Student Mentor will meet one-on-one through a virtual setting with a Grade 12 student for 1-2 25 minute sessions/week and assist with developing activities for virtual group sessions.
Desired Qualifications & Characteristics
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- International Student pursuing post-secondary education
- Have a genuine desire to help their peers succeed
- Commit to being a volunteer until end of March 2021
- Be self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Display a willingness to learn about different cultures
- Approachable and nonjudgmental
- Reliable and accountable
Peer mentors have the opportunity to:
- Improve communication and personal skills
- Develop leadership skills
- An opportunity to get involved in the community and engage in a valuable volunteering opportunity
- Gain recognition for your skills and experience
- Benefit from a sense of fulfilment and personal growth
Please contact Amy Walsh, Peer to Peer Outreach Worker at 519-282-6164 or email@example.com for more information.
_ “We work together to “empower and enrich the neighbourhood in an inclusive environment.”_