The Policy Committee is a standing committee of the Museum London Operating Board and is accountable to the Operating Board. The committee is responsible primarily for developing and revising Operating Board policies.
The Policy Committee develops, reviews, and revises policies as required on an ongoing basis to cover all areas of governance and operation of Museum London for consideration by the Operating Board. Additionally, the Policy Committee reviews and revises standing committees’ terms of reference, and any document requested by the Operating Board to review.
Members of the community-at-large will have policy expertise and experience.
Term of Appointment for Voting Members
Voting members are appointed for a term of three (3) years. Members may serve two (2) consecutive terms totalling six (6) years. Following a break of at least one (1) year, members may come back to the committee.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Policy Committee is responsible for Operating Board policy development and maintenance, and the review and revision of standing committees’ terms of reference:
- Identify and develop policies required for the governance and operation of Museum London.
- Present policies to the Operating Board for approval.
- Maintain and review policies on an ongoing basis.
- Review and revise standing committees’ terms of reference on an ongoing basis and present to the Operating Board for approval.
- Review additional documents if requested by the Operating Board.
Frequency of Meetings
Quarterly and/or at the call of the Policy Committee Chair