Energize your board and take your organization to the next level. This series will give you the fundamentals for a high-performing board focused on strategy, innovation, diversity and accountability.
Is your board fully engaged at and between meetings?
Are you looking to strengthen your board’s effectiveness?
Does your board have clearly defined roles and responsibilities?
Does your board have a vision for the future?
Learn what every director needs to know:
- Characteristics of high-performing boards and how you can enhance the performance of your own board
- Key financial accountabilities and responsibilities associated with the role of a director
- How to attract, recruit and retain the best boards
- Recognize strategic opportunities and risks
- Identify best practices in governance in the nonprofit sector
Participants will receive:
- An opportunity to build a professional network of board contacts
- A professional development opportunity that can help build your resume
- A certificate of participation for completing all 4 sessions
Target Audience: Are you a new director of a local nonprofit or charity? Are you looking to strengthen your board’s effectiveness? Are you an experienced ED or CEO who would like to build on your boardroom skills and update your awareness of emerging governance issues and trends? If you answered yes to any of these, All About Boards is for you!
Schedule (click on each session for a full description):
Session 1: Board Basics, Sept 20, 2016, 9 AM-12 PM
Session 2: Financial Fitness, Oct 19, 2016, 9 AM-12 PM
Session 3: Build Your Best Board, Nov 15, 2016, 9 AM-12 PM
Session 4: Emerging Trends in Board Governance, Dec 6, 2016, 9 AM-12 PM
Additional Investment Information:
*When you register you may notice a Special Rate. What does that mean and who can take advantage of this rate?
- Only applicable to Pillar member organizations (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $60.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
- 5 of these spots are available per workshop and they are first come first serve.
- Additional spots may be added at a later date. If you have already registered you cannot apply the discount.
- If you do not see a special rate listed then the spots have been filled.