Great boards aren’t created overnight.
The board building process involves careful recruitment, focused orientation, ongoing training and a process for dealing with poorly performing directors. At a time when people are busier and boards are under increasing scrutiny, it can be difficult to find and retain the right board members to lead your organization.
This workshop will help you plan a board development strategy. Participants will learn about:
- How to find and keep the best board members
- Serving a diverse community: the role of the board
- Where to find potential board members
- How to attract and recruit them to your board
- Planning and delivering board orientation and development programs
- How to keep board members engaged and build their commitment
- What to do about problematic board members and how to build your team
- What bylaws, policies and practices you need to support board building
Target Audience: Board Members, Executive Directors, Financial Staff, Finance Committees and those interested in learning about becoming a volunteer board member
About the Presenter:
Nathan Garber is a consultant and trainer specializing in governance and planning for nonprofit organizations. He brings to this work more than 40 years of experience in and with nonprofit organizations including long service as both a board member and an executive director.
Generously supported by the City of London
Thank You to Our 2015 Professional Development Sponsors: