Energize your board and take your organization to the next level. This series will give you the fundamentals for a high-performing board focused on strategy, innovation, diversity and accountability.
Is your board fully engaged at and between meetings?
Are you looking to strengthen your board’s effectiveness?
Does your board have clearly defined roles and responsibilities?
Does your board have a vision for the future?
Learn what every director needs to know:
- Characteristics of high-performing boards and how you can enhance the performance of your own board
- About key financial accountabilities and responsibilities associated with the role of a director
- How to attract, recruit and retain the best boards
- Recognize strategic opportunities and risks
- Identify best practices in governance in the nonprofit sector
Participants will receive:
- An opportunity to build a professional network of board contacts
- A professional development opportunity that can help build your resume
- A certificate of participation for completing all 4 sessions
Schedule (click on each session for a full description):
1: Board Basics, Sept 15, 2015, 9 AM-12 PM
2: Financial Fitness, Oct 20, 2015, 9 AM-12 PM
3: Build Your Best Board, Nov 10, 2015, 9 AM-12 PM
4: Emerging Trends in Board Governance, Dec 8, 2015, 9 AM-12 PM
Additional Investment Information:
When you register you may notice a Special Rate. What does that mean and who can take advantage of this rate?
• Only applicable to Pillar member organizations (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $60.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
• Not applicable to $60.00 indivdual memberships
• 5 of these spots available per workshop and they are first come first serve
• If you do not see a special rate listed then the spots have been filled
Member Group Discount (3 or more registrants): $190 per person
Non-member Group Discount (3 or more registrants): $240 per person
Target Audience: Are you a new director of a local nonprofit or charity? Are you looking to strengthen your board’s effectiveness? Are you an experienced ED or CEO who would like to build on your boardroom skills and update your awareness of emerging governance issues and trends? If you answered yes to any of these, All About Boards is for you!
Generously Supported by the City of London
Thank You to Our 2015 Professional Development Sponsors