A social enterprise is a business with a social, cultural, recreational or environmental mission “baked right into its DNA.” It could be associated with a nonprofit or a for-profit. Join us in this session to understand the definitions, lingo, trends, opportunities and challenges of social enterprise. We will be drawing on concrete examples of existing social enterprises and create conversations around their "Only Factor".
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understanding the social enterprise spectrum
- Legal forms
- Balancing social missions vs. profit
- Growing a social enterprise
- Identifying and measuring impact
Target Audience: Individuals from nonprofit or business interested in starting and/or growing a social enterprise
Level: Beginner - Intermediate
Additional Investment Information:
*When you register you may notice a Special Rate. What does that mean and who can take advantage of this rate?
• Only applicable to Pillar member organizations (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $60.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
• Not applicable to $60.00 individual memberships
• 5 of these spots available per workshop and they are first come first serve
• If you do not see a special rate listed then the spots have been filled
About the Presenter:
Lore Wainwright is a social enterprise champion who is supporting emerging and existing social enterprises in London and area to flourish. As the Social Enterprise Program Manager at Pillar Nonprofit Network, Lore is helping mobilize a strong social enterprise support system locally, provincially and nationally. Lore brings over 25 years of experience from the telecommunications industry as a communications and people change management specialist leading many national business initiatives.
Most recently Lore led a significant internal communications campaign to promote employee engagement for Bell’s Let’s Talk mental health initiative. Passionate about getting involved, sharing her knowledge and making a difference in the lives of others, Lore is Program Manager of ONERUN, a third party charitable organization focusing on breast cancer patient care that has raised over $380,000 over a two year campaign. In her spare time, Lore is a fitness instructor providing clients with increased health knowledge and attention to personal needs.
Thank you to our 2015 Professional Development Sponsors: