ASIST is a two-day, interactive skills-building workshop that prepares caregivers of all kinds to provide suicide first aid interventions. Professionals, volunteers and informal helpers all need to know how to help persons with thoughts of suicide in ways that increase their suicide safety. ASIST is designed to help all caregivers become more willing, ready and able to help persons at risk.
As an ASIST-trained first aid intervention caregiver, you will be better able to:
- identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- understand how your beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions
- seek a shared understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and the reasons for living
- review current risk and develop a plan to increase safety from suicidal behavior for an agreed amount of time
- follow up on all safety commitments, accessing further help as needed
Light snacks are provided morning and afternoon of both days. Please provide your own lunch.
For more information or details, please email us at email@example.com