Innovation Works, TechAlliance, Pillar Nonprofit Network, VERGE Capital, in collaboration with B Lab & Ellipsis Digital/Engine 74 present...
To B or Not To B (#2Bornot2B)
A growing number of entrepreneurs see advantage in having their impact certified.
Certification organizations, like B Lab, verify impact and the use of responsible business practice for companies, providing a seal of excellence that can help motivate employees, provide transparency to stakeholders, and send a proactive message to customers.
There are more than 1,600 ‘B Corps’ around the world, including notable companies, such as Ben & Jerry’s, Kickstarter, Change.org, Etsy and Patagonia.
A coming out party for B Corp in London Ontario, To B or Not To B celebrates a new generation of entrepreneurs. At this event, we will:
- Share how B Corp certification works with Joyce Sou, Director of B Lab Canada
- Explore benefits of the certification for companies
- Hear stories from currently certified companies, featuring Ellipsis Digital & Engine 74
- Discuss local interest in B Corp and other ways to value good business practices
The event will feature a talk on B Corporations by B Lab followed by a presentation from Rachel Berdan, Chief Marketing Officer and Vice President of Sales at Ellipsis Digital who recently became one of London’s first certified B Corps. Rachel will speak about Ellipsis Digital’s journey to becoming a B Corp and how the B Corp mission has shaped their corporate culture and employee engagement.
- Read Ellipsis Digital's B Corp Announcement
- First B Corp in London: Textbooks for Change
- Find out more about B Corp
- MPP Peggy Sattler - Recognizing two exemplary London companies that received global recognition for ethical business practices and for redefining business success