What is Strategic Leadership?
Strategic leadership for boards is creating a vision of your desired future state and leading towards this end. The three main questions addressed through strategic leadership are: Where are we today? Where do we want to be in the future? And what should we be focused on today, to increase the probability of success in achieving our desired future state? To bring strategic leadership to your board, you must create the right structures and foster the right relationships.
In this workshop, Michelle Baldwin will:
· Link the topics previously covered in this series - Board Basics, Financial Fitness and Build Your Best Board - to strategic leadership
· Identify best practices and creative approaches that can be applied in your next strategic planning process
· Explore social innovation and courageous risk taking within nonprofits
· Recognize the core elements of being a strategic leader
· Cultivate a board culture that promotes engagement, innovative thinking and supports strategic leadership
About the facilitator:
Michelle Baldwin is Executive Director of Pillar Nonprofit Network. Michelle is a strong community advocate with extensive experience in nonprofit management, social innovation, communications, and fundraising.
Michelle previously held positions with the Brain Tumour Foundation and Thames Valley Children’s Centre. She currently serves on the Boards of Huron University College and Emerging Leaders, serves on the London Health Sciences Community Advisory Council & is the local Peace Bus Coordinator for Children International Summer Villages.
Michelle’s personal mission is to be a community synergizer that enriches the lives of others.
Generously supported by the City of London
For complete listing of the All About Boards Program, click here