We will be doing two focus groups on April 8 & 10. In participating, you will help guide research on building universal design in employment.
This is the first step in a larger project called Our Voices Project. The project is part of a federal grant on Accessible Canada Standards on Employment. We are consulting with individuals as early as possible to make sure that your needs and concerns can influence the creation of these guidelines and recommendations on career transitions.
This focus group is intended for 10 individuals going through a career transition and enjoy sharing their experiences. Career transition can be from school to work, return to work, changing roles or employment status (becoming self-employed).
- Discuss and review important topics related to career transitions.
- Discuss elements around well-being during career changes.
- Review and test online research collaboration tool.
- Identify information requirements and how to share ideas on career transitions with various stakeholders.
- Thursday, April 8 at 6:00 p.m. EDT
- Saturday, April 10 at 12:00 p.m. EDT.
Note: You will require an internet connection and a computer/laptop that you normally use with any type of assistive technology or devices.
Accessibility & Inclusion:
- We will provide documents in Word Format and any online links for the collaboration tool prior. Discussion will be closed captioned and recorded in order to create a transcript.
How we will use your information:
- Information, suggestions and comments will all be combined together and incorporated into the project to improve research tools and questions to consider. Once suggestions for improvement or recommendations are made, data from the focus groups, notes, transcript and any information will be deleted from secure servers. Individual identities will not be identified or removed when names are mentioned during analysis. All information will be deleted within 2-months of completion of the last focus group.
We are offering a $15 gift card at an online location of your choice.
This focus group runs via Zoom web conference. Call in information will be given upon registration.
Please be advised that you must register for all programs. We kindly ask you to RSVP a minimum of 1 full business day before the start of the program.
Registration required. To register for this program, please contact Yvonne Felix, Lead, IDEA Knowledge Translation & Accessibility at Yvonne.Felix@cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.