Essential Finance Skills for Non-Financial Professionals is recommended for executive directors, managers and other staff who have a responsibility for the finances of their department or organization. Whether you are new to a financial role, have recently taken on budgetary responsibilities for the first time or wish to broaden your financial knowledge, this workshop will give you the tools needed to operate confidently and competently when undertaking finance tasks.
Led by a non-financial professional, this workshop is presented in terms that are comfortable for those with little or no accounting background or knowledge.
A panel of finance/accounting professionals with nonprofit experience will be on hand to help deliver some of the content and answer questions participants may wish to ask of a CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant).
- Understanding financial jargon
- How to construct a budget
- Monitoring and reviewing the budget
- How to calculate a breakeven analysis
- Managing cash flow
- Understanding your organization’s financial statements
- Key accounting ratios that may influence decisions made by stakeholders, donors, funders and lenders
Additional Investment Information - Special Member Rate Details
- Only applicable to Pillar member ORGANIZATIONS (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $70.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
- 5 of these spots available per workshop and they are first come first serve.
- Additional spots may be added at a later date. If you have already registered you cannot apply the discount.
- The special rates are NOT applicable to individual members
- To take advantage of the Special Member Rate please email email@example.com or call 519-433-7876 x 215 to receive the discount code.
About the presenter:
Albert Brulé (MBA) oversees Pillar Consulting & Advisory Services. Albert has over 25 years experience in the nonprofit sector, helping organizations enhance their effectiveness through the development and execution of strategies and programs that deliver measurable results. His expertise spans strategic planning, fundraising, grant writing, financial sustainability, social enterprise, social innovation, collaboration and collective impact.
As an educator and presenter, he teaches Financial Management for Nonprofit Organizations at Centennial College, Strategic Planning for Nonprofit Organizations at Western Continuing Studies, and has delivered workshops on behalf of Pillar on Nonprofit Financial Sustainability, Strategic Planning, Collaboration & Partnerships, Collective Impact and Sponsorships.
Thank You to our 2018 Professional Development Sponsors: