Please Note: Full participation in The Faces of Fundraising is applicable for 3.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
The many faces of fundraising - Whether you come from a small or midsize organization, at times, you may feel pulled in different directions as you try to adjust your fundraising strategies to accommodate the changing environment and the diverse donors in our community.
In this workshop, we will cover key fundraising methods and supporting strategies, including how to nurture relationships with diverse donors. We will share stories of organizations with unique fundraising strategies and the results they’ve achieved. Through various reflection points and activities, participants will get a better understanding of how to embed diversity into:
- Relationship Building
- Volunteer Involvement
- Donor Relations & Stewardship
- Current and Prospective Donor Research
- Gain a clear understanding of the difference between various types of fundraising strategies
- How to use them to nurture relationships,
- How to use them to engage a wide variety of different donors
- Develop skills to help engage and support volunteers in connecting with diverse donors and community groups
- Learn to build the case for why diversity is important in your organization and campaign
- Understand the importance of using tailored communication to grow trust through accountability and demonstrating the impact of donor gifts
- Understand the importance of keeping up-to-date on trends, demographics and current events that impact various communities
- Take away some tools, links and helpful hints for access to news and information beyond the mainstream
- Take away practical examples of unique fundraising strategies that appeal to diverse donor/volunteer groups
Additional Investment Information:
*When you register you may notice a Special Rate. What does that mean and who can take advantage of this rate?
- Only applicable to Pillar member ORGANIZATIONS (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $70.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
- 5 of these spots available per workshop and they are first come first serve.
- Additional spots may be added at a later date. If you have already registered you cannot apply the discount.
- The special rate is not applicable to individual members
- To take advantage of the Special Member Rate please email email@example.com or call 519-433-7876 x 215 to receive the discount code.
Veronica Stoiber currently holds the position of Director, Donor Relations & Stewardship at Western University (overseeing the areas of financial and Impact reporting, donor correspondence, acknowledgment and recognition, donor agreements, student awards, etc.) Prior to that, she spent over seven years at United Way London & Middlesex as Associate Director, Major Gifts, where she has also served as Associate Director of Individual Giving and Manager, Special Events.
Veronica’s work experience includes multiple international outreach roles with the Universidad de las Americas in Puebla, Mexico; teaching Spanish at the University of Regensburg, Germany; and even a year as a Fellowship Ambassador with Walt Disney World in Orlando. Veronica has a BA in Mass Communications from the Universidad de la Americas, a diploma in International Competence from the University of Regensburg in Germany and a Professional Certificate in Business Writing and Communications from Western University.