Are you getting everything you can out of your Google Analytics and other online insights? Do you find the volume of data confusing and overwhelming?
There is more data available now than ever before about the people you engage with online and their needs, behaviours, and decisions. The challenge is learning how to interpret the data so you can identify and implement meaningful changes in your online participation strategies.
In this workshop, we’ll dig in and explore ways to use your Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Facebook Insights to gather meaningful data, analyze it, and use it to enhance your website and social media performance.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Which metrics matter and how to interpret their meaning.
- How to use the data to formulate actionable insights to enhance user experience and drive greater engagement.
If you do not have these tools in place by September 7th you will not be able to work with your organization's data. However you can partner with someone who has these tools set up.
- Google Analytics account (with at least 1 month of data to review)
- Google Search Console account *
- A Facebook Page with access to Facebook Insights (30 Fans)
- A (fully charged) laptop to access your online analytics accounts
* Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tools) is a feature of Google Analytics. You need to create a Google Analytics account first and then enable this feature. Have a look at these instructions and if you have any questions please contact Geoff Evans at email@example.com
Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Target Audience: Marketing and communications staff, executive directors, volunteers and/or anyone wanting to learn more about web and facebook analytics
Additional Investment Information:
*When you register you may notice a Special Rate. What does that mean and who can take advantage of this rate?
- Only applicable to Pillar member ORGANIZATIONS (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $60.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
- 5 of these spots available per workshop and they are first come first serve.
- If you do not see a special rate listed then the spots have been filled.
- Additional spots may be added at a later date. If you have already registered you cannot apply the discount.
- The special rate is not applicable to individual members
About the Presenter:
Geoff Evans is the founder of SocialMediaCoach.ca and TheAnimatedAdvisor.com. He is also a professor in the Corporate Communications and PR program at Fanshawe College. Geoff focuses on helping businesses tell their stories through social media, animated video and websites.
Geoff learned the art of storytelling at the University of Waterloo where he studied English Literature and Theatre. He has also spent more than 20 years exploring storytelling as an actor in theatre, TV, radio and online video.
Thank you to our 2017 Professional Development Sponsors: