Being responsible for your nonprofit’s human resources practices can be a daunting task. In the course of a single week you might hire a new employee, ensure your nonprofit is compliant with key legislation, and carry out a termination. Do you have the tools and knowledge to understand why HR activities like policies and employee training apply to your organization too? Doing it wrong can be damaging to your organization, whether it be from losing a valuable employee or costly compliance violation fines.
So, what is human resources all about, and how can you ensure it’s being done properly? This workshop will look at the basics of human resource management and provide you with foundational knowledge in key areas to explore the ways HR can help your nonprofit reach its potential.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The key legislation you should know about to ensure compliance
- The importance of employment contracts including probationary periods
- What policies are considered an absolute
- Required training
- The importance of day-to-day management to mitigate risk and foster engagement
Target Audience: Executive Directors, board members, HR professionals, volunteer managers and anyone in a supervisory role
Additional Investment Information:
*When you register you may notice a Special Rate. What does that mean and who can take advantage of this rate?
- Only applicable to Pillar member ORGANIZATIONS (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $60.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
- 5 of these spots available per workshop and they are first come first serve.
- If you do not see a special rate listed then the spots have been filled.
- Additional spots may be added at a later date. If you have already registered you cannot apply the discount.
- The special rates are not applicable to individual members
About the presenter:
Sharon Bunce has more than 13 years' experience in a variety of Human Resources sectors, from manufacturing, non-profit, healthcare, and hospitality to human resources consulting. She has developed many of HRdownloads' online training modules and webinars, and has provided legislatively compliant training to thousands of people. In her role as Senior Advisor at HRdownloads, she has worked closely with hundreds of clients to develop customized solutions to address current organizational needs, including building specific training requirements; developing policies and practices that reflect the client’s unique environment; assisting with legislative compliance; developing HR strategic plans; and supporting implementation and change management goals.
Thank You to Our 2016 Professional Development Sponsors: