Being responsible for your nonprofit’s human resources practices can be a daunting task. In the course of a single week you might hire a new employee, ensure your nonprofit is compliant with key legislation, and carry out a termination. Do you have the tools and knowledge to understand why HR activities like policies and employee training apply to your organization too? Doing it wrong can be damaging to your organization, whether it be from losing a valuable employee or costly compliance violation fines.
So, what is human resources all about, and how can you ensure it’s being done properly? This workshop will look at the basics of human resource management and provide you with foundational knowledge in key areas to explore the ways HR can help your nonprofit reach its potential.
In this workshop you will learn:
- An overview of the key employment legislation impacting your workplace
- In-depth review of the Ontario Employment Standards Act including:
- Hours of Work
- Public Holidays
- Protected Leave
- Update on the Announced Changes
- Critical practices to protect your organization, including:
- Required Training
- Employment Contract
- Only applicable to Pillar member ORGANIZATIONS (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $60.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
- 5 of these spots available per workshop and they are first come first serve.
- If you do not see a special rate listed then the spots have been filled.
- Additional spots may be added at a later date. If you have already registered you cannot apply the discount.
- The special rate is not applicable to individual members