Join us in this dynamic and informative session about the research methods and tools you can use in your organization to provide background information on your major giving donors and prospective donors in order to be more successful and targeted in your solicitations and fundraising goals. We will look at ways to determine a donor’s initial affinity and capacity based on corporate revenue and giving guidelines, foundation assets and funding interests. In addition to your current donors and prospects, we will discuss where you can find new donors for your major giving pipeline.
In this session you will:
- Be introduced to the exciting field of prospect research
- Be able to use available public resources to research your donors
- Become more confident in targeting your fundraising asks
- Help your organization expand its major giving funding pipeline
Additional Investment Information:
When you register you may notice a Special Rate. What does that mean and who can take advantage of this rate?
- Only applicable to Pillar member organizations (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $60.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
- 5 of these spots available per workshop and they are first come first serve
- If you do not see a special rate listed then the spots have been filled
Tracey is the current President of APRA-Canada (Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement) and also teaches at Western University in the Master of Library and Information Sciences program on Prospect Research in Fundraising. A new and exciting project for Tracey and APRA-Canada is the upcoming publication "Prospect Research in Canada", an essential resource for research in the charitable sector in Canada -- launch date, APRA-Canada Fall 2016 conference! Tracey is a regular and requested presenter for LRFRE (London and Region Fundraising Executives), APRA, and AFP (Association for Fundraising Professionals), in research, strategic planning, time management, and other areas.
Thank You to Our 2016 Professional Development Sponsors: