Project Management may be defined as the art of getting things done on time, on budget, on scope, and on strategy. It’s about satisfying clients, users, senior managers, and mitigating risks. Most importantly it’s about delivering benefits.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Align objectives and measures of your project to your organization’s mission, strategy and values
- Secure commitments of senior leaders and stakeholders
- Deliver benefits
We will explore topics such as:
- Marketing & communications
- Event planning & management
- Creating a culture of innovation & positive change
You will leave the session with tangible ideas on how to make your project happen in your organization.
Level: Beginner - Intermediate
Target Audience: Anyone involved or interested in project planning and getting things done!
Additional Investment Information:
When you register you may notice a Special Rate. What does that mean and who can take advantage of this rate?
- Only applicable to Pillar member organizations (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $60.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
- 5 of these spots available per workshop and they are first come first serve
- If you do not see a special rate listed then the spots have been filled. Additional spots may be added at a later date. If you have already registered you cannot apply the discount.
About the presenters:
David Sumpton is a professor and instructor of project management at Fanshawe College and Western Continuing Studies. David is an advisor in technology and process improvement; recent projects included London Hydro and LHSC. Previously at Bell Canada, David created their annual capital expenditure plans and managed the CFO-approved capital governance process. David holds an MBA (Ivey Business School), Masters of Engineering (Western) and certifications including P.Eng., PMP, Six Sigma black belt, and CISA.
Anita Vincent offers over thirty years of hands-on marketing and project leadership. Anita crafts marketing and sales tools to competitively position products and services for companies such as Ericsson Communications, Hydro Mississauga, London Hydro and London Life. Her strategies build brand recognition, increase customer retention and drive revenue growth. Anita holds a Marketing and Communications Diploma (Sheridan College) and certifications including Agile Product Marketing Management, Scrum Master, and Project Management Professional.
Learn more about PMI South Western Ontario Chapter here.
Thank you to our 2016 Professional Development Sponsors: