Focusing on the essential elements of a proposal, this workshop will provide participants with strategies for grant writing. By exploring each of the essential elements of a proposal, participants will enhance their grant writing skills and gain new tools and resources to achieve success in their grant writing endeavours.
Topics covered include:
- Where to find grant opportunities
- Writing a compelling need statement
- Defining clear goals and objectives
- Preparing the evaluation component
- Developing sustainability strategies
- Preparing the program budget
- Writing the organization background
- Writing the proposal summary
- Putting the package together
The workshop will end with a Q & A session with funders.
Funders Panel Includes:
- Jo-Ann Hutchison, Regional Advisor, Regional Services Branch, Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport and Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
- Rebekah Morrison-Wize, Development Officer, Grants & Investments, London Arts Council
- Lori Runciman, Director, Grants, London Community Foundation
Level: Beginner – Intermediate
Target Audience: Executive Directors, board members and any staff who are interested in enhancing their current grant writing skills
Additional Investment Information:
*When you register you may notice a Special Rate. What does that mean and who can take advantage of this rate?
- Only applicable to Pillar member ORGANIZATIONS (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $60.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
- 5 of these spots available per workshop and they are first come first serve.
- If you do not see a special rate listed then the spots have been filled.
- Additional spots may be added at a later date. If you have already registered you cannot apply the discount.
- The special rate is not applicable to individual members
About the speakers:
Nicole Kovacs is the founder of both GrantsEdge and Kovacs Group Inc. She has studied and taught grant writing for over a decade. Nicole has helped non-profits and charities secure millions of dollars for new and existing initiatives through government, corporate, and foundation funding opportunities. At GrantsEdge, Nicole spends most of her time focusing on strategic growth. She’s inspired to build solutions for the GrantsEdge community.
Sheila Simpson is the Manager of GrantsEdge. For the past 17 years, Sheila served as a Program Manager for the Ontario Trillium Foundation. Sheila has reviewed thousands of grant applications and brings a funder's lens to her work at GrantsEdge. She is a co-creator of the GrantsEdge Live workshop and shares her knowledge of grant writing through her posts on the GrantsEdge blog. Sheila is also our resident GrantsEdge Coach. Using her experience as a funder, Sheila provides detailed feedback to GrantsEdge coaching clients to help them improve their grant applications.
Thank you to our 2017 Professional Development Sponsors: