Focusing on the essential elements of a proposal, this workshop will provide participants with strategies for grant writing. By exploring each of the essential elements of a proposal, participants will enhance their grant writing skills and gain new tools and resources to achieve success in their grant writing endeavours.
Topics covered include:
- Where to find grant opportunities
- Writing a compelling need statement
- Defining clear goals and objectives
- Preparing the evaluation component
- Developing sustainability strategies
- Preparing the program budget
- Writing the organization background
- Writing the proposal summary
- Putting the package together
The workshop will end with a Q & A session with funders that include:
- Rebekah Morrison-Wize, Development Coordinator, London Arts Council | London Heritage Council
- Lori Runciman, Director, Community Initiatives, London Community Foundation
- Sheila Simpson, Program Manager, Ontario Trillium Foundation
Level: Beginner – Intermediate
Target Audience: Those who are interested in enhancing their current proposal writing skills.
Additional Investment Information:
When you register you may notice a Special Rate. What does that mean and who can take advantage of this rate?
- Only applicable to Pillar member organizations (staff and/or volunteers) that pay a $60.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
- 5 of these spots available per workshop and they are first come first serve
- If you do not see a special rate listed then the spots have been filled
About the presenter:
Nicole Kovacs, Principal Consultant of Kovacs Group Inc., has a master’s degree in business and ten years of grant writing experience. Nicole has secured funds for new and existing nonprofit initiatives through municipal, provincial, federal, foundation and corporate grants. A sought-after speaker, Nicole frequently conducts workshops and seminars relating to Kovacs Group’s core service areas.
Thank You to Our 2016 Professional Development Sponsors: