Social Enterprise is a relatively new term that represents a philosophy of utilizing business practices for social & environmental impact. It’s a term that balances making an income with making an impact. Thinking like a social enterprise can help nonprofits and businesses have the best of both worlds.
But what does thinking like a social enterprise really mean for your organization and our community?
Join our Social Enterprise Manager for an interactive webinar exploring social enterprise as a tool for community change. Learn how nonprofits, businesses & individuals are using social enterprise and social finance to examine their work from a new perspective. Through local examples and take away exercises & tools, you will be equipped to explore your organization or idea in a new light.
This webinar will consist of a 40 minute presentation on social enterprise and a 20 minute Question & Answer period.
- Define Social Enterprise
- Understand how social enterprise is a tool for social and environmental impact
- Learn about examples of social enterprises across Southwestern Ontario
- Be equipped with exercises to explore triple bottom line opportunities in your organization
TARGET AUDIENCE: Nonprofits, businesses & individuals interested in how business can be a tool for sustainable social & environmental impact
*What is the Nonprofit Member Discount Rate and who can take advantage of it?
- Pillar Nonprofit Network offers 50% off registration fees for some workshops and events (not all of our events)
- 5 of these spots available per event and they are first come first serve
- Additional spots may be added at a later date. If you have already registered you cannot apply the discount
- Only applicable to
- Pillar Members
- Nonprofit ORGANIZATIONS
- Who pay a $75.00 membership fee indicating that their operating budget is less than $100,000
- Note that all staff and volunteers of these nonprofit organizations can use the promo code
- The special rate is NOT applicable to individual members
To receive the promo code and take advantage of the Nonprofit Member Discount please email email@example.com
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Julie Forrester has worked with community organizations, businesses, and individuals to develop innovative solutions to complex social and economic problems. Julie graduated from Ivey Business School at Western University and leverages her business skills to drive community impact. She specializes in building sustainability through business principles and coaching individuals and organizations developing new social enterprise initiatives. Julie currently works as the Social Enterprise Manager at Pillar Nonprofit Network, supporting nonprofit & for-profit organizations building positive community impact through businesses. Julie is the lead for Pillar’s Social Enterprise Incubator and Nonprofits Exploring Social Enterprise programs, in addition to executing social enterprise consulting work. Learn more about Pillar's Social Enterprise supports HERE.
Thank You to our 2019 Professional Development Sponsors: