Museum London ActingVolunteer Services and Assistant Events Coordinator
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Working collaboratively as a part of a team, the Acting Volunteer Services and Assistant Events Coordinator plays a lead role in connecting and growing Museum London’s dedicated cohort of Volunteers with activities across the organization and helps to organize and deliver a range of events. The incumbent reports to the Head of Administration and coordinates an engaging and effective volunteer program. They are responsible for recruiting, interviewing, training, scheduling, evaluating, supporting and celebrating volunteers, who contribute significantly to the life of the Museum. This position also assists the Events Coordinator to organize and deliver special events and facility rentals at Museum London.
- -Coordinates the Museum volunteer program including recruiting, interviewing, training, scheduling, evaluating, supporting and celebrating volunteers.
- -Liaises with and provides support to the Volunteer Services Committee.
- -Works with Museum staff to coordinate the participation of -volunteers for programming and event needs.
- -Assists in coordinating and supporting rental events and assists in working with clients to ensure excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- -Assists in maintaining the online events booking calendar.
- -Assists in completing room rental agreements.
- -Assists in coordinating food and beverage service.
- -Assists in supporting Museum London’s in-house events.
- -Assists in preparing purchase order requisition for supplies and initiating work order requests.
- -Assists at the Welcome Desk as required.
- -Maintains strict confidentiality concerning all material dealing with volunteers, personnel, budgets, prices, proposals and projects.
- -Performs other related duties as required.
High school diploma. College training in volunteer coordination and hospitality industry or equivalent experience is an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A keen interest in history, art and culture, the work of Museums, and the non-profit sector is essential. The position requires the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and requires excellent oral and written communication skills as well as exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with diverse Museum volunteers, staff, public and clients. Forward thinking and empathetic, with experience working in customer service-oriented roles and experience evolving and delivering volunteer orientation and training programs is an asset. The incumbent will have strong knowledge of a range of computer software and programs including e-tapestry, Microsoft office suite, and other online tools and apps (Slack, Doodle, AllSeated, etc.).
This is a one year, full-time, contract position to fill a maternity leave. The start date is July 25, 2022 to mid-August 2023. It is a thirty-five hour work week with flexible hours responsive to weekly responsibilities. Salary range of $40,000 to $45,000 is commensurate with experience of successful applicant.
Museum London is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for candidates are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a Cover Letter detailing their professional and/or personal experience as it applies to these roles. Our hiring process is in accordance with theMuseum London Mandatory Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Administrative Policy.We thank all applicants but must advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted by5:00 p.m. Thursday, June 30, 2022to:
Cydna Mercer, Head of Administration, Museum London