ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, Youth Programs
We are looking for a dedicated individual to work alongside the Director of Programs and Front Office administrative staff to facilitate the day-to-day operations and execute weekly delivery of administrative services for youth programs that benefit and address the needs of marginalized, at-risk youth (ages 10-21 years old) at YFC Youth Centre and at key communities across the City of London.This individual will be responsible to work alongside the YFC London team to ensure appropriate facilitation and execute effective community outreach strategies to develop safe spaces that allow for youth to engage in positive activity, get involved in community, and improve their wellbeing.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Supervisor; provide support for administrative duties and complete directed activities as assigned.
- Provide great customer service to incoming calls, direct visiting personnel to building, monitor inbox, and process payment.
- Research best practices in community and program development providing support in development of processes to aid in the increase of program outcomes.
- Assist with community and youth needs assessments, as assigned and directed.
- Support the youth outcome database by updating and generating reports.
- Liaison with staff and volunteers to support training and implementation of new programs, systems, and processes.
- Update of database and assist with volunteer onboarding, training, and development.
- Assist with organizing and taking notes for internal and external organizational meetings.
- Perform other related duties as needed and assigned.
- Candidates must be 15-30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada (Citizen, Permanent Resident, and/or approved Refugee Status)
- Must have a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) prior to start date.
- Ability to work within a holistic model of care to foster community development.
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow direction and work as a team member.
- Ability to speak French, Spanish, Arabic or another language is an asset.
YFC has every intention of fostering diversity within and across our organization. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require accommodation during any step of the application process, please contact us directly.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We appreciate all applications but note that we will only contact the applicants invited for an interview. We are looking for qualified individuals who can contribute to our organization through their unique gifting and skills in integrity, servanthood, partnership, advocacy and excellence.