Work Term: June 28 to August 29, 2021 (8 weeks)
A Camp Kit Counsellor is required for the Museum of Ontario Archaeology’s summer season, beginning June 28 and ending August 29, 35hrs/week, $14.25/hour.
This summer, as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic we are offering an Camp Kits program. The Camp Kits Counsellor will play a leading role in the delivery of these kits through development, assembly, and pre-recorded and live video components. Comfort on camera, good time management, and creativity will be key components. This position is expected to take place onsite at the Museum, but may include some work from home if required. Depending on conditions, the museum may be able to offer a brief outdoor kids camp program on location, in which case duties would shift to assisting with on-site services' during their duration.
Work Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development, planning and delivery of the Summer Day Camp/kits
- Assisting the Learning Coordinator in the planning and delivery of an onsite day-camp, if possible.
- Assisting with the training of Junior Counsellors
- Planning and delivery of day-to-day camp/camp kit activities
- Monitoring camp craft supplies and materials for camp craft, games and activities
- Ensuring the maintenance of a clean and safe work and camp environment.
- Supervisory and leadership training will also be provided.
The successful candidate will have a background and interest in Anthropology/Archaeology, Public History, Education, Museum Studies, First Nations studies, or similar University program and possess both a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
Prior work or volunteer experience with children is an asset.
Please include in your covering letter how you meet the Canada Summer Jobs eligibility requirements.
Applications due by June 4, 2021
To apply, please e-mail resume and cover letter to:
Museum of Ontario Archaeology