Community Counselling Program
12-month Contract (Part-time)
Family Service Thames Valley is looking for a clinical counsellor who is skilled at providing short-term, goal-oriented therapy to individuals, couples, families and groups presenting a broad range of issues.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work with disadvantaged individuals, many of whom have experienced the effects of trauma and abuse, mental health challenges and addictions. The candidate will possess an ability to develop positive working relationships with service partners and host agencies, work collaboratively with other community service providers, and manage their work schedule and commitments in an independent manner. The position will serve a diverse population of clients and will help deliver services as part of our Quick Access Mental Health Walk-in Clinic.
Why Work for FSTV as a Clinical Counsellor:
• Diversity of clients and variety of work
• Access to quality, professional clinical supervision
• Knowledge sharing and networking with supportive colleagues provide a sense of community
• Contribute to a stronger community and involvement in social justice
• Master’s Degree in social work or related graduate degree in counselling with at least 3-5 years of clinical experience;
• Registration with the OCSWSSW or equivalent OR eligibility for registration with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) is required;
• Demonstrated excellence in clinical counselling;
• Ability to develop positive working relationships with service partners;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Keen understanding of the socio-economic landscape of London and Middlesex County
• Appreciation and experience working with Indigenous people;
• Computer skills in Microsoft Word and ability to learn data management systems in agency;
• Prior experience with single-session therapy or walk-in counselling considered an asset
• French language or other second language proficiency considered an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to proceed will be contacted.
Please submit in confidence a cover letter and resume in one pdf document by Feb. 5, 2020 to:
Family Service Thames Valley
125 Woodward Avenue
London ON, N6H 2H1
Family Services Thames Valley is an equal opportunity employer and committed to administrative fairness and equitable employment practices, should you require accommodation in making an application please contact Brenda Tipping at email@example.com or 519-433-0183 ext. 8301.