Communications and Design Coordinator
About Unity Project
Unity Project’s mission is to provide emergency shelter and supportive housing and to support self-help where people are struggling to escape or avoid homelessness.
About the Communications and Design Coordinator Role
Reporting to the Development Director, the Communications and Design Coordinator will be responsible for creating written and visual marketing and communication content that drive the fundraising activity of the organization, as well as build brand awareness both internally and externally. The Communications and Design Coordinator will create, design and implement communication strategies to help tell the story of Unity Project across social media channels, website, newsletter, and fundraising efforts.
What we look for in a Communications and Design Coordinator
The ideal candidate will have exceptional verbal and written communications skills, strong design skills, the ability to manage a project within budget and timelines, and experience managing social media platforms.
We’re seeking a strong, cross-platform writer and communicator who can work fast, meet deadlines, and create content that aligns with the Unity Project brand and resonates with a diverse audience. The ideal candidate will also understand the value and importance of measuring success using a variety of metrics.
Communications and Design Coordinator Responsibilities
More specifically, the Communications and Design Coordinator will develop, implement, and monitor a comprehensive, strategic, multi-channel annual communications and marketing plan that supports the organization’s fundraising goals and improves the organization’s visibility and profile in the community. The Communications and Design Coordinator will also be responsible for:
- Developing all written content for print and online marketing and communications materials including posters, postcards, invitations, signage, website, etc.
- Creating fundraising reports and the Annual Report to the community
- Creating Cases for Support as needed
- Developing messaging to support and contribute to the achievement of fundraising initiatives
- Preparing media and press releases as required
- Taking photographs and video, and working with professional photographers where necessary, to support publications, website, and social media content development
- Developing and maintaining graphic and brand standards and ensuring their consistent application by internal and external stakeholders
- Managing the updating of the Unity Project website
- Designing communications and marketing materials including posters, postcards, invitations, signage, and/or working with and managing contracted designers
Managing Media and Communications
- Managing and maintaining the email marketing system and associated distribution lists
- Monitoring media for Unity Project or emergency shelter related stories and bringing relevant research to the Director of Development
- Compiling and sharing stories via social media
- Maintaining a list of media contacts
- Managing all social media using original videos, graphics, photographs, and stories
Competencies, Skills, and Qualifications
- A minimum of five years’ communications and public relations experience in a not-for-profit, charitable, or fundraising organization
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate key messages to a wide range of audiences simply and effectively
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with colleagues
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, email marketing and content management software
- Experience with web content publishing and web content management systems, including HTML editors, basic web page design, and content creation for the web
- A strong commitment to the values and goals of Unity Project
Salary and Benefits
Full-time position. Salary range is $48,000 - $52,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Unity Project offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental.
How To Apply
If you have an interest in the Communications and Design Coordinator role and you think you’d be a good fit for our team, please send your resume, cover letter and design portfolio to Silvia Langer: email@example.com by November 20, 2019 at 5 pm. Please use the subject line: Communications and Design Coordinator Position.