Canada’s Community Foundations champion community vitality through 191 foundations across the country. They are connected by a national network to help Canadians invest in building strong and resilient places to live, work and play.
London Community Foundation, incorporated in 1954 and as the 12th largest community foundation in Canada, is dedicated to improving communities across London and Middlesex County through collaboration, strategic leadership and innovative solutions to charitable giving.
We create a vibrant, smart and caring community through strategic investing that drives innovative community-based initiatives.
A community working together to enrich the quality of life for all.
LCF takes pride and is committed to the fundamental principles of equitable employment opportunity. We are dedicated to treating people fairly, with respect and dignity, and to offering equal employment opportunities based upon an individual's qualifications and performance — free from discrimination or harassment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The London Community Foundation is looking for an individual that wants to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. With us you can realize your aspirations and achieve your goals, within a supportive and inclusive environment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the full time position of Communications Coordinator.
Communications Coordinator- Role Description
- Reports to the Director of Communications and is accountable for supporting the Foundation’s strategic communications plan, including the tactical execution of the Foundation’s day-to-day communications initiatives.
- Provide support with the creation and implementation of the Foundation’s Strategic Communications Plan
- Manage the tactical execution of the Foundation’s ongoing communications activities including:
- Development and maintenance of website content
- Send out ENews letters monthly, or as required that highlight recent news or announcements, donor/grant stories, blog posts, or information of interest
- Develop and execute the Foundation’s social media strategy and maintain an ongoing content calendar that aligns with the Foundation’s strategic communication goals
- Monitor and evaluate performance of the Foundation’s digital communication vehicles
- Actively seek and develop editorial content for the Foundation’s website
- Manage the production of LCF’s podcast
- The creation of marketing materials (digital and print)
- Coordinate the management of various communication vendors (i.e. print, creative, photography etc.) as needed
- Provide communications and marketing support to the Foundation’s various departments (Grants, Social Finance, Philanthropy) as needed
- Manage the RFP process by coordinating outgoing and incoming proposals for projects
- Supports with the coordination of advertising initiatives
- Supports the Director of Communications with media outreach and media relations
- Work with the Director of Communications on the development, creation and coordination of the Foundation’s strategic initiatives and campaigns (i.e. Vital Signs, annual report)
- Develop event related communications and collateral (i.e. invitation, emails, presentations, preparation of media materials)
- Passion for working in the non-profit sector
- A strategic thinker
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: listening, verbal, written, presentation
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and balance multiple priorities
- Demonstrated relationship-building abilities
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems, especially Microsoft Office and Content Management Systems (Squarespace primarily, Wordpress an asset)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS programming languages considered an asset
- Team player and has the ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, or related discipline.
- Two or more years relevant work experience
- Experience with communications via social media and the web
Hours of Work
- Hours of work 37.5 hours, primarily required to be completed Monday through Friday, however flexibility to work evenings and weekends is required for special events and other signature foundation projects.
- A current Police Vulnerable Sector Check is required
Interested person should submit a cover letter and resume (a single document in PDF format is preferred) by 4:00 pm on Monday, December 13th to Cathie Antonissen @ Cathie@lcf.on.ca.
All applicants will be acknowledged. A detailed job description and other relevant documents will be provided to those candidates who are invited for a first interview.