Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to reaching every Canadian affected by a brain tumour through support, education, information and research.
The organization is seeking an experienced and ambitious event professional. Reporting to the Fundraising and Engagement Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for fostering development within the foundation’s Community Events portfolio.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Nurture and support Relationship Development within the foundation’s staff team and within the brain tumour community.
- Collaborate with the fundraising team on the creation of the fundraising plan which achieves revenue goals that support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Work with the fundraising team to establish and steward relationships with a variety of potential and secured funders, volunteers and program participants.
- Responsible for supporting and growing current Community Events portfolio across the country.
- Responsible for prospecting and securing new Community Events.
- Develop and secure corporate partnerships and sponsorships in support of the Community Events portfolio.
- Support, monitor and enhance the volunteer and stakeholder experience for those involved in the Community Events portfolio.
- Support the Brain Tumour Walk program as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate the Community Events program to ensure that targets are being achieved as outlined in the annual work plan and budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years experience in event management preferably in a fundraising setting.
- Experience in event management from a distance is ideal.
- A thorough understanding of marketing strategies as they pertain to fundraising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and as part of a team.
- A positive attitude and high energy are a must along with the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing Blackbaud’s Suite of products (Team Raiser and Raisers Edge) or equivalent client management database would be an asset.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be available to travel and work weekends and evenings.
- Vulnerable screening check required.
- Fluency in French and English would be an asset.