The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary team that provides community-based mental health services to infants, children and their caregivers. The team leader provides clinical supervision to child and youth counselors who provide in-home counseling and therapists who deliver single session therapy and ongoing family therapy services. The Team Leader also manages psychology staff. Other responsibilities include program development, implementing ongoing quality improvement activities, approving clinical reports, and strengthening Vanier’s collaboration with community partners.
Essential Qualifications and Education
- A MSW or equivalent Master’s degree (other combinations of education and experience will be considered)
- Minimum five years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in children, youth and family mental health services
- Registration in good standing with either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario.
- Proven interpersonal skills in verbal and written communication, conflict management, mentoring, crisis intervention, and de-escalation.
- Demonstrated success in leading teams
- Knowledge and experience in program planning, design and evaluation
- French-English proficiency or other languages is highly desirable (an asset)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Specialized training in a variety of treatment modalities is important additional skills (i.e. - Trauma-Informed Services, Narrative/Solution Focused therapies, attachment theory)
We value diversity in our workplace, our clientele, and our communities. While we appreciate your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.