Full Time (32-40 hours)
Rotholme Family Shelter of Mission Services of London has an opening for a permanent Full Time Cook 1 position. This position will work under the supervision of Program Supervisor.
The successful candidate assists in the provision of food services to this 41 bed emergency shelter for women, families and children. This includes three meals (as well as packed lunches) and three snacks a day. The person in this position interacts daily with staff and residents and must be a positive role model within the work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare, cook and serve meals within a cafeteria style kitchen.
- Supervise the cook’s helper’s on duty, assigning tasks as required.
- Ensure that proper food handling standards are maintained within the guidelines of public health standards.
- Order required food supplies in consultation with Program Supervisor
- Ensure kitchen cleanliness is maintained during shift and at close of shift.
- Red Seal Certificate preferred.
- Certificate from a Food Handler’s course
- Community College Food Services course or equivalent experience
- Experience within a commercial kitchen as a cook, with ability to prepare meals from scratch using both processed foods and foods already prepared and received as a donation.
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with good conflict resolution skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Self-Starter with ability to be flexible
- Possess a personable style and a sense of empathy for the clients of Mission Services.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Rotholme Family Shelter