The Alice Saddy Association is a dynamic, community-based organization which provides a range of individualized supports to people with developmental disabilities. We envision a community that welcomes every person equally with respect and acceptance.
We are seeking dedicated Direct Support Professionals with a strong work ethic who seek a meaningful career choice and will embrace our mission and values, as they provide person-directed supports in people’s home and in their communities. We offer regular hours of work, as well as on-call hours, and benefits for both part-time and full-time employees as well as opportunities for career advancement.
Starting wage rate: $21.47/hour.
Hours of Work: Regular and/or Flexible, 15-40 hours per week – a combination of Days, Evenings, Weekends, Asleep Overnights.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the desire of individuals to live a good, rich and varied life as full citizens. Seek and facilitate opportunities within the community to help build and nurture relationships with family, friends, neighbours and community members. Seek and facilitate employment, lifelong learning, leisure and/or volunteer opportunities, as articulated in Person-Centred Plans.
- Provide support to individuals based on personal strengths and needs. Some tasks could include, but are not limited to, assisting with:
- Daily living skills
- Personal care
- Health-related needs, including medication administration
- Enhance an individual’s self-determination through:
- Provision of full information/options available;
- Support follow-through on personal decisions;
- Provision of information about exercising rights and corresponding responsibilities; and
- Encouraging people to explore, define and choose what makes a ‘good life’ for them.
- Personal philosophy consistent with the Association’s Vision, Mission and Values as found on our web-site: www.alicesaddy.com
- Direct Support Professional designation and/or personal and/or work-related experience in the area of human/social services; post-secondary education is preferred
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check and First Aid/CPR certification or willingness to obtain
If interested in this career opportunity, please apply by visiting https://alicesaddy.com/employment/ or by submitting a cover letter and resume, expressing your interest and accompanying resume outlining skills/experience that you would bring to this position to email@example.com.
Note: Alice Saddy Association welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.