A unique opportunity to apply your skills, creativity and marketing chops to help people across Ontario find the healthcare information they need
thehealthline.ca Information Network is Ontario’s digital health and community information network. A non-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, we offer information management services including: system design and development, community engagement, data collection and ETL support. Through our platforms, we work with partners to improve information systems to connect the people of Ontario to relevant health and community services.
One of our largest projects is thehealthline.ca, a website with 14 regional sites that helps Ontario patients, caregivers, doctors, and health care providers get accurate and up-to-date information about health services in their communities. In 2018, more than eight million users accessed thehealthline.ca.
In addition, we work with organizations throughout the healthcare world to meet specific information needs and support collaboration and partnership.
We’re looking for a strong leader who combines business know-how with innovative thinking, and technological savvy with mission focus. This is an opportunity to have an impact in the critically important and always dynamic healthcare sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead thehealthline.ca Information Network team in developing an overall marketing and business development strategy aligned with the strategic plan
- Identify appropriate new business opportunities that fit within the strategy
- Develop sustainable business models and marketing plans for new opportunities, and implement them effectively
- Manage and cheerlead the team as it completes new projects and products
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key user groupsBuild thehealthline.ca Information Network brand in Ontario
- Inspire, mentor and develop team members, creating a culture that fosters creativity and commitment
Qualifications and Skills
- A university degree in business management or a related field
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in increasingly senior marketing or business development roles
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in the digital services sector
- Proven ability to think creatively and strategically
- Proven ability to develop new initiatives that increase revenue and market share
- Knowledge of and experience in all marketing channels, with a focus on digital platforms
- A talent for inspiring and developing others
- A motivated, proactive, dynamic, results-oriented leader
Please apply before April 30, 2019, by submitting a cover letter and CV to the attention of Michael Robbins, Executive Director to email@example.com. Please include your salary expectations in the cover letter.