Ronald McDonald House of Southwestern Ontario
POSITION- Director of Operations
Our Mission-Keeping Families Close
Children are a gift - the sound of laughter and the pitter patter of little feet; warm hugs, curious questions and butterfly kisses; first words, first haircuts and first steps; bedtime storied, pillow fights and pajama parties - these are the magic moments… a family’s treasure.
Do you believe in the gift of togetherness?
The team at Ronald McDonald House Charities Southwestern Ontario is committed to giving sick children what they need most - their families! If our mission speaks to your soul and you’re passionate about creating memories and making an impact then we want you to join our team.
For almost 35 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities Southwestern Ontario ("the Chapter") has been improving the health and wellbeing of children and their families through the creation of a home-away-from-home for families of children with life-threatening illnesses who are receiving specialized treatment at local hospitals. Established in 1985, the Chapter has experienced significant growth with the original 15 bedroom house expanding to 34 rooms in 2011, the introduction of a Family Room at London Children’s Hospital in 2012 and the opening of the first in Canada House-within-a-Hospital in Windsor Regional Hospital in 2016. The Chapter has experienced significant growth in the last five years and with the launch of our new strategic plan we will be expanding services in order to better serve our community. Please visit our website at www.rmhc-swo.ca for more information.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Operations is responsible for the management of programs and ongoing operations of Ronald McDonald House Charities Southwestern Ontario and our network of Programs within hospitals. The portfolio includes overall responsibility for “mission delivery” inclusive of program development, delivery, and evaluation, as well as health and safety matters, building maintenance, volunteer resources and overall effective operations.
As a key member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Director of Programs and Operations works closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development, as well as other department managers and volunteer committees as appropriate. He/she drives the development and achievement of strategic priorities related to the portfolio, as well as budget development and monitoring. As an organizational leader, the Director of Programs and Operations provides training, support and direction to department staff to achieve high performance.
- Oversight of operational management of House, House-in-Hospital and Family Rooms including policy and procedures review, development, integration and compliance; information and systems management
- Program performance monitoring and evaluation – ensuring the best experience possible for the families we serve
- Program research and development – exploring innovative ways to support families, developing proposals and identifying resource and partnership opportunities
- Volunteer resource development and management
- Key healthcare partner development and relationship support
- Community partnership expansion and development
- Facilities oversight including building operations, health & safety, security
We are looking for an Experience Leader with the following skills:
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience with an emphasis on program delivery, community relations and facility management
- University degree or college diploma in a related field
- Strong operational management skills with the ability to plan, implement, analyze and evaluate
- Experience in budget planning and financial management
- Strong communication skills and experience that facilitate the delivery of compelling and engaging stories that captivate audiences
- Proficient in the following computer applications: MS Office Suite and Computer Databases. Experience with Raisers Edge is an asset
- Demonstrated relationship management skills, relating well to internal and external stakeholders including donors, volunteers and staff with a commitment to long-term relationship building with donors
- Passion for the mission of RMH Valid driver's license with clean driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with appropriate insurance.
- Ability to work well within a team and across functional groups.
- Highly resourceful, intuitive and flexible.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and reliability
How to apply?
If you are interested, please forward your resume, together with a short cover letter outlining your key qualifications and your interest in the position. Please submit your resume and cover letter by March 1st, 2019 to the attention of Tracey Keighley-Clarke, Chief Executive Officer via email@example.com