- ABOUT US
The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame (CMHF) is a national, registered charitable organization that celebrates Canadian heroes whose work advances health in Canada and the world, and fosters future generations of health professionals through the delivery of local and national youth education programs and awards. This enduring tribute to our country’s rich medical history is showcased nationally on our virtual hall at www.cdnmedhall.ca.
Annually, up to six individuals are celebrated at a national Induction Ceremony in rotating locations across the country. As well, we inform and excite Canada’s youth about the wide variety of career options in medicine and health care through ourDiscovery Days in Health Sciencesprogram. Discovery Days are one-day events held in partnership with medical schools and research institutions at 14 locations across the country.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The CMHF is looking for a dynamic and action-oriented stakeholder engagement and development professional reporting to the ED to oversee stakeholder relationship development and stewardship, event sponsorship renewals, corporate support proposals, and grant applications. Our primary stakeholders include medical schools, national and provincial health associations and corporations, CMHF Laureates, board members and other interested supporters.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop and manage a process of high-quality donor cultivation, engagement and stewardship.
- Work with corporate and individual supporters to maintain and renew support; and complete prospect research to explore opportunities with new supporters.
- Implement and evaluate existing and new channels that allow two-way engagement with philanthropic stakeholders.
- Report on revenue generation streams and highlight variances in a timely manner and in line with budget forecasting.
- Proactively prepare development committee and board reporting content.
- Conduct research and due diligence processes for potential partnerships with foundations and corporations.
- Remain current on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to fundraising strategies and practices.
- Undertake special project assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education
- Fundraising certification an asset
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in a fundraising role with specific experience in event sponsorship and individual giving initiatives
- Proven knowledge of donor relations and fundraising best practices
- Outstanding written skills with demonstrated experience writing successful proposals and stewardship reports.
- Highly detail oriented and driven by a high standard of excellence
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle competing deadlines
- Experience with database management (Microsoft Dynamics knowledge is considered an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions in a timely manner and work both independently and as a team member to achieve desired results
- Ability to travel to events nationally (usually three times per year) at required times which includes availability outside regular office hours
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Comfortable meeting with and engaging academic health professionals
- Strong work ethic, reliable and self-directed
- Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Event planning skills
- High proficiency in MS Office applications
- Fluency in French an asset