Since 1986, Leads Employment Services has been providing specialized employment and skills development services for people with disabilities and / or barriers. We are currently seeking five dynamic, energetic and creative individuals to join our team for the summer 2020 asEmployment Specialist Assistants and Employment Specialist Summer Supportsin our London office.
Please apply if you:
- are currently working toward an undergraduate degree, graduate degree or community college diploma in business and/or social services or equivalent and have one year of related experience in a business, social services, sales or educational setting.
- are a highly motivated person that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- are client focused, have the ability to quickly build rapport and the ability to motivate people
- enjoy working as a member of a team
- have strong organizational and time management skills
- have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- have a professional, outgoing personality
- have proven critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- are available to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients
- are certified or willing to enrol to be certified in 1stAid/CPR and Crisis Prevention (C.P.I.) training
- enjoy a high degree of documentation
- be available to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the Agency and
- must have reliable transportation to provide services to clients in their home communities including London and the surrounding counties of Middlesex, Oxford, Elgin, Huron, Lambton, and Perth.
- have proficient computer skills including experience with all Microsoft office programs, internet searches, and email
- are fluent in French as an asset.
To meet the funding requirements of the position and meet the eligibility criteria of the funder, you are:
- between 15 and 30 years of age;
- legally entitled to work in Canada and are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under theImmigration and Refugee Protection Act*)
*International students are not eligible.
The successful candidate will assist Employment Specialists and other Leads’ staff in the support of clients throughout the process of developing or enhancing pre-employment and life skills and / or securing paid employment positions and retaining these jobs; as well as providing support to all functions of the agency.
Employment Specialist Assistants help interview clients to ascertain employment and educational history, transferable skills, career goals, interests, aptitudes and abilities of clients; assist each client to develop a service plan and implement this plan; facilitate the development and enhancement of life skills and pre-employment skills; assist clients to develop job readiness skills and job search strategies; collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings and skill requirements; teach clients how to write resumes and prepare for job interviews; counsel clients on work and career-related issues; facilitate pre-employment group sessions; prepare documentation, reports and statistics as required by service funders; seek out employment opportunities for clients through employer outreach and marketing; provide on and off site job coaching supports and post hire follow up. As well Employment Specialist Assistants advise employers on human resource issues, job accommodation matters and pre-select candidates for interviews.
Employment Specialist Summer Supports will provide Outreach including surveys and information gathering; type and proofread correspondence, reports, statements, invoices, forms, from notes and computers; receive and forward telephone and/or counter inquiries to appropriate person and provide general information to clients and the public; photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing; maintain and update manual or computerized filing, inventory, mailing and database systems; open, sort and route incoming mail; send and receive messages using facsimile machine; may sort, process and verify applications, receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents; provide reception Area maintenance including completing office opening and closing procedures as set out in the Administration manual.
Position is conditional upon a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening Criminal Reference Check being completed.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “ESA - London” in the subject line.
Leads welcomes interest from all diversity groups and is committed to accessibility and compliant to AODA. Leads will endeavour to provide accommodations to persons with disabilities in the recruitment and interview process upon request. If you are selected for an interview, please notify the hiring committee to your requirement for accommodation.
Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.