Always on the cutting edge and innovativein serving our communities, Leads Employment Services has been providing specialized employment and skills development services for people with disabilities and / or barriers since 1986. We are currently seeking dynamic, energetic and creative individuals to join our team in London and area. If you are ready to embark on an exciting and fulfilling career at one of the most hard-working and successful organizations in Southwestern Ontario. Apply today for a full time (35 hours per week) position. Come join the Leads Team!!
The Employment Specialist or Employment Supports Worker assists individuals with disabilities in developing and enhancing skills to seek and retain employment; assess labour markets; build partnerships with the community; provide support on and/or off job site to improve job retention; support employers in providing accommodations or client’s work related issues; complete documentation and will involve connecting with employers to promote employment opportunities and build a trusting relationship with employers and advocates.
Job Duties – we require you to:
- Provide leadership and take the initiative to outreach and market Leads’ clients to employers and the business community so as to support Leads’ clients’ employment and or career goal.
- Administer assessment and develop individual Employment Action Plan to establish priorities for action to meet employment goals.
- Be attentive to the Labour Market trends and research to support and establish priorities for action plan.
- Develop and or deliver skills modules to support the Employment Action Plan or Individual Learning Plan.
- Develop partnerships with others in the community including with the business community.
- Provide community education through formal and informal presentations.
- Work with concern for the health, safety and wellbeing of others. Take all reasonable care to comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations and take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of others. Be knowledgeable concerning any actual or potential danger to health and safety in the workplace and community.
- Positively promote and maintain the vision, mission and policies of Leads and the people it supports. Develop own professional growth within the priorities and scope of Staff Professional Development Policy. Participate in all mandatory training.
Requirements – you must have:
- An undergraduate degree, graduate degree or Community College diploma in Business/Social Services /Human Services/Education or relevant field of study and a minimum of three years’ experience in a related Business/Social Services /Human Services/Education or relevant sector.
- Flexibilityto work hours to accommodate clients’ needs which may result in overtime.
- Reliable transportationto provide services in London, Middlesex County and surrounding areas.
- A high level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.The ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner and to work effectively within a team approach as well as independently.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills; be politically and culturally sensitive; have strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to privacy.
- The ability to be depended upon to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion; computer literacy, including effective working skills in MS Word, Excel and e-mail is required as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual in French would be an asset.
- A current satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check and First Aid / CPR and CPI certification; or be willing to obtain certification.
If you enjoy Working Conditions that include:
- Interacting with individuals, family members, staff, visitors and government agencies;
- Travelling to provide services in clients’ and employers’ home location;
- Accountability driven with high level of documentation and data tracking;
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting clients;
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter telling us what interests you about the role of Employment Specialist or Support Worker and resume to: email@example.com stating “ES –London and Area” in the subject line.
Leads offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Wages range from $19.48 to $22.55 per hourdepending on experience.
Leads welcomes interest from all diversity groups and is committed to accessibility and compliant to AODA. Leads will endeavour to provide accommodations to persons with disabilities in the recruitment and interview process upon request. If you are selected for an interview, please notify the hiring committee to your requirement for accommodation.
Please note: only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.