JA South Western Ontario is a member of JA Canada and part of JA Worldwide (JA), the world’s largest not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating young people about business. Through the delivery of hands-on, blended learning in entrepreneurship, financial literacy and work readiness, JA empowers young people to grow their entrepreneurial ideas, hone their work skills, manage their earnings, and secure better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Since 1963, schools in South Western Ontario have relied on JA to prepare young people for success in an ever-changing global economy. JA South Western Ontario is responsible for the geographic area including the counties of Essex, Chatham-Kent, Lambton, Elgin, Middlesex, Oxford, Huron, Perth, Bruce, Grey, Wellington, Waterloo, Brant, Hamilton, Haldimand-Norfolk, and Niagara.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for executive, facilities, technical and financial support for JA South Western Ontario. The incumbent reports directly to the President & CEO and works closely with other members of the JA team.
- Schedule meetings, handle correspondence and draft presentations for President & CEO
- Organize Board meetings and take minutes at the meetings
- Maintain current Board member information including contact information, length of service and required annual commitment agreements
- Organize Advisory Council of Trustees meetings and take minutes at the meetings
- Organize team meetings and retreats, including catering and set up, as needed
- Track staff leaves of absence (vacation, sick, bereavement, etc)
- Act as primary point of contact for office administration and maintenance for the Chatham, London and Kitchener office facilities
- Schedule service contractors as needed (i.e.cleaners, electrical and fire inspection)
- Liaise with Kitchener landlord and City of London as needed
- Maintain inventory of office supplies across the office locations
- Order office supplies, printer/copier supplies, etc as needed while remaining within budget
- Manage key distribution for offices, tracking keys and ensuring return
- Monitor firstname.lastname@example.org email; respond or redirect as needed
- Maintain office system ID management
- Maintain accurate inventory of laptops, monitors, projectors and any other devices
- Provide phone system support, recording main greeting message and updating as needed
- Liaise with service providers (phone, copier/printers, computer support) as needed
- Create and send invoices for sponsorships, donations, event registrations
- Follow up on outstanding accounts receivable
- Make bank deposits, send information to accountant in a timely manner
- Monthly reconciliation of Company Program bank accounts
- Create and distribute tax receipts
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate records in line with organizational standards and objectives
- Represent JA in the community in a positive and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous administrative/executive assistant experience.
- Strong computing skills, particularly in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with customer relationship management systems such as Raiser’s Edge or SalesForce is an asset
- Current driver’s license and access to a vehicle preferred as travel within South Western Ontario may be required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information
This part-time position (20.0 hours per week) is available immediately with regular business hours and some evenings/ weekends. Remote work from a home office anywhere in the JA South Western Ontario region is possible; however, regular attendance at one of our office locations in London (head office), Chatham or Waterloo may be required, with travel as required to other parts of the region. The successful candidate must have a suitable quiet environment from which to work, with a desk and reliable and secure internet access. A laptop will be provided. The position reports to the President & CEO.
The successful candidate must undergo a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
JA South Western Ontario is an equal opportunity employer. JA SWO will not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, disability, age (18 and over), record of offenses for which a pardon has been granted, marital status (including same sex partners), family status, or any other grounds prohibited by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Are you ready to bring your exceptional administrative know-how and organizational skills to JA South Western Ontario? Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com by October 30, 2021. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
October 12, 2021