Executive Assistant (0.5 FTE)
St. Joseph’s Hospice is a charitable organization providing compassionate care and companionship to palliative clients, their caregivers, and the bereaved while recognizing their unique needs.
St. Joseph’s Hospice is currently seeking a part-time Executive Assistant. The successful candidate will work within St. Joseph Hospice’s Mission, Vision and Values to provide administrative support to the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will have the ability to balance a demanding workload while exercising mature judgment and maintaining discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
- Supporting the Executive Director’s participation in and/or delivery of meetings, presentations and other projects through the preparation of relevant documents, reports, summaries, research and analysis.
- Planning and coordinating of Board meetings; including agendas, preparing and distributing meeting materials and packages, meeting calendars, and minutes.
- Attending meetings, as required, to record and produce minutes.
- Providing administrative support, including liaison with technical support providers, preparing and reviewing internal and external correspondence, and managing the Executive Director’s calendar of appointments.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of St. Joseph’s Hospice.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the governance processes and protocols of St. Joseph’s Hospice.
- Assist with other special projects/duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
- Degree or diploma in Office Administration or a related discipline
- Three to five years of experience as an Executive Assistant or in a related role
- Advanced level Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent problem solving and judgement ability
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Exhibits a high level of emotional intelligence and maturity
- Demonstrated time management skills
- High level of trust, integrity and work ethic; ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion
- Demonstrated relationship management skills consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph’s Hospice
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this critical role, and have the qualifications identified, please submit your cover letter and resume attention to Fran Doig, Human Resources Coordinator via the link provided below byFriday, December 10, 2021:
St. Joseph’s Hospice is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. If you require any accommodations to fully and fairly participate in the application, interview or selection process, please contact Human Resources at (519) 438-2102 ext. 257 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to provide a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account your accessibility needs.