The London & Middlesex Heritage Museum is currently accepting resumes for the full-time, permanent position of Executive Director of Fanshawe Pioneer Village. This position provides all senior supervision, administration and financial management of the not-for-profit organization known as the London and Middlesex Heritage Museum which operates Fanshawe Pioneer Village, a living history museum.
Reporting to the Chair of the London & Middlesex Heritage Museum Board of Directors, the Executive Director will develop long range strategic and operating plans for the organization and will recruit and lead a multidisciplinary team to deliver a comprehensive program guided by the mission and goals of Fanshawe Pioneer Village.
Please see website for details. http://www.fanshawepioneervillage.ca/about/careers
- A degree in history or related field;
- Training in not-for-profit or museum management;
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in museum management;
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic planning skills;
- Proven experience with developing operating and capital budgets and interpreting financial statements;
- Working knowledge of accounting practices;
- Proven leadership qualities; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong organizational abilities;
- Ability to liaise effectively with provincial, municipal bodies, funding agencies and donors;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the cultural/museum industry;
- Previous experience in a living history site an asset;
- Computer Literacy.
- Current Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
Location: Fanshawe Pioneer Village is located within Fanshawe Conservation Area at 1424 Clarke Road, London, ON
Position Start Date: February 25, 2019
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com indicating the position title in the subject line of your email. If you do not have access to email, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Sharon Viglianti, HR Administrator, Upper Thames River Conservation Authority
1424 Clarke Road, London, ON N5V 5B9
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. The London & Middlesex Heritage Museum is an equal opportunity employer. *Applicants will be contacted ONLY if an interview is required.