Ronald McDonald House of Southwestern Ontario
Family Services Coordinator (1) – Part-Time
Our Mission-Keeping Families Close
Children are a gift - the sound of laughter and the pitter patter of little feet; warm hugs, curious questions and butterfly kisses; first words, first haircuts and first steps; movie nights, pillow fights and pyjama parties - these are the magic moments… a family’s treasure.
For over 35 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities Southwestern Ontario ("the Chapter") has been improving the health and wellbeing of children and their families through the creation of a home-away-from-home for families of children with life-threatening illnesses who are receiving specialized treatment at local hospitals. Established in 1985, the Chapter has experienced significant growth with the original 15 bedroom house expanding to 34 rooms in 2011, the introduction of a Family Room at London Children’s Hospital in 2012 and the opening of the first in Canada House-within-a-Hospital in Windsor Regional Hospital in 2016. The Chapter has experienced significant growth in the last five years and with the launch of our new strategic plan, we will be expanding services in order to better serve our community. Please visit our website at www.rmhc-swo.ca for more information.
We are looking for individuals with compassion, empathy and high-levels of organization. Our Part-Time Family Services Coordinators will work within the family experience, providing frontline support from referral to check-in through to helping our families prepare to return home. Working alongside families during this journey in a 24-hour establishment may involve anything from creating magic moments to ensuring food safety protocols are followed. We are there to seek help for a leaky faucet, listen to how a day has gone with a midnight tea, or take the time to ensure accuracy of our database and statistics.
The successful candidates will thrive in an environment that balances incredibly valuable, heartfelt mission-centred work, with high-levels of organization, accountability and process management to ensure order and calm in our programs.
- Completion of high school and a related post-secondary program; or currently progressing in a related post-secondary program, or equivalent life experience
- Minimum of 2 years of independent program experience working with children and/or families
- Minimum 1 years’ experience with spreadsheets and/or database management
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check (to be provided before start date)
- Clear two step TB test (to be provided before start date)
- Educational assets: Community Services, Hospitality, Family Relations
- Experience: Group Home Settings, Family Care Work Environments, Not-for-profit Settings, Hotel Settings, Childcare Programs, Healthcare Settings.
- Current Safe Food Handling Certificate an asset (Training provided)
- Current First Aid Certificate an asset (Training provided)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to assess each family’s needs and be able to respond appropriately
- Quality focused with keen attention to detail to ensure the integrity of data and service provision
- Strong understanding and adherence to the principles of confidentiality
- Ability to respond appropriately to all potential outcomes of a child’s illness or injury
- Adaptable and resilient with the capacity to a manage diverse workload, multitask and prioritize appropriately
- Mission focused ensuring a positive experience for all families during their stay at the House
- Ability to lift weights of 10 to 30 lbs.
- Ability to manage stairs to move throughout the House quickly when needed
- Conflict Management
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Emotional Intelligence
- Interpersonal Skills
HOURS OF WORK:
May work a variety of shifts depending on the needs of the program.
Ability to work midnights and weekends required.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please forward your resume together with a short cover letter outlining why you are interested in the position and why you believe you would be the best person for the position. Please submit your resume and cover letter by January 25, 2019, to the attention of Kelsey MacGregor-Brown – Manager, Family Program & Services via email@example.com with the subject line: Application for FSC RMH London.